Photobucket

Thursday, August 19, 2010

good news bad news

Last week I had my annual mammogram. I hate this torture so much that I put it off as long as possible. I have never had aproblem with any of the myriad ones I've had done so imagne my surprise when a bright yellow letter arrived telling me that I needed to have a repeat done. Of course the letter came on the weekend so I had to wait until this past Monday to schedule this.

As I am one who does not like to wait for something that could be life changing I call my doctor on Monday and had them schedule me for the dreaded procedure. I was squeezed, twisted and squeezed again. Not just once but twice and in-between sessions I was sat in the hallway while the radioligist looked at the films. All this was done just to tell me that all they saw was folded breast tissue. I wonder if the people will remember me and take the time to position the tissue right the first time and not have to call me back for a second visit next year.

All you ladies who have not had your mammogram do so. It is the way to catch something early and breast cancer is the easiest to cure if you don't let it go by hiding your head in the sand. I am not proud of the fact that I put mine off as long as possible but I do get it done yearly. So that is my good news, bad news for today. Have a great day in the Lord.

No comments: